Technicon’s dispersion based casting process enables us to custom manufacture barrier and damping composites in a variety of weights and thicknesses to meet your specific requirements.
Our manufacturing method allows us to combine layers without additional adhesives. This creates a more robust bond between the substrate layers and reduces material costs associated with adhesives.
- Mass Loaded Vinyl Sound Barriers (MLV)
- Extensional Damping Compounds
- Acoustical Composite Materials
“Technicon has provided ALT with products that require rapid changes for our Contract Manufacturing business. It is essential for us to receive quality products with short lead times in our fast-paced business. Technicon has been able to fulfill these demanding requirements.”
Scott S. – Applied Laser Technologies
Frequently Asked Questions
1.) What is PVC Casting?
- The PVC compound starts as a high viscosity liquid which is poured directly onto a single substrate. The PVC compound/substrate layer then passes through an oven to cure.
2.) What does PVC stand for?
- Polyvinyl Chloride
3.) What’s one of the benefits of PVC casting?
- Technicon’s PVC Casting process enables us to custom manufacture barrier and damping composites in a variety of weights and thicknesses to meet your specific requirements.