Protect Sensitive Components from Damaging Heat.
Made from a flexible and lightweight inorganic core that is naturally flame retardant and thermally insulating, our new TECH SHIELD ™ TS-040 offers a noticeable drop in “cold side” or “body side” temperatures allowing for improved comfort inside cabins and operator environments.
*Note, this temperature drop requires the AI to be exposed to the radiant heat source*
- Firewall & Underbody
- Hose & Tubing Protection
- Exhaust & Turbo
- Fuel Tank Shielding
• Protection from 1000 ºF heat sources as close as 1” away
• Overall thickness of 0.125” allows for installation in tight spaces
• Naturally fire retardant core material
• Low tooling costs & short production lead time
• High-temp PSA with EZ Peel liner for installation to a variety of substrates
Frequently Asked Questions
1.) How close can Tech Shield be placed from a 1,000 °F heat source
- 1 inch away
2.) Is Tech Shield naturally flame retardant?
- Yes and is Thermally Insulating and significantly decreases the ” cold side” or “body side” temperature up to 80% wherever Tech Shield ™ TS-040 wherever Tech Shield ™ TS-040 is applied.
3.) In what industries are thermal products widely used?
- Heavy Equipment, Public Transportation, Aerospace, Specialty Vehicles, and Power Generation
4.) What is Tech Shield ™ made from?
- A flexible and lightweight proprietary inorganic core that is naturally flame retardant, thermally insulating, and acoustically absorptive. Tech Shield is also supplied with a high-performance PSA for quick and easy installation to a wide variety of surfaces.
5.) Can Tech Shield ™ be adapted to customer specifications?
- Yes. We can adapt by varying density, fiber blend, thickness, and composite configuration. Tech Shield can also be supplied in rolls, sheets, or fabricated parts.