Technicon Acoustics is a leader in superior acoustic and thermal solutions. We understand the importance of continuous reinvestment in our operations and materials—as a forward-looking company, we focus not only on where we are today, but on where we are going. We are in a constant process of reevaluation of both internal and external processes and operations to ensure positive growth.
Product Development at Technicon Acoustics
Product development and innovation are critical to company growth. For this reason, our product development budget exceeds
$300,000 per year. We are committed to remaining ahead of the curve by investing in the most cutting-edge technology in the acoustics industry. It is clear to us that in order to stay at the forefront of the industry, we must be able to project the future noise and thermal control needs of our customers.
In 2019, we invested heavily in new product development with 51 total projects, 10 of which were customer driven. Seven of these projects have been commercialized due to their popularity. Our most notable projects of 2019 include:
- Flexible Heat Shielding Material. We developed and commercialized a high performance, flexible heat shielding material from 100% pre-consumer waste, which helps customers keep their equipment cool and comfortable while also diverting material from the landfill.
- New Coatings. We developed new material coatings that enhance flame resistance, thermal resistance, and hydro/oleophobicity.
- Acoustical Absorbing Non-Woven Fiber. Technicon was the first to independently develop a UL94 HF1 flame-resistant, acoustical absorbing, non-woven fiber through the use of a vertical lap production.
- Patented Attachment System. We developed a patented hook and loop attachment system for our acoustical materials, for added design flexibility and easier acoustical treatment testing.
- Patent Pending Exhaust Sleeve. We have developed a commercialized patent-pending exhaust sleeve to enhance exhaust system efficiency. This product incorporates features never before seen on the market and will soon be patent protected.
There is no question that our dedication to product development has paid off. In 2018, new product development made up 5.8% of our annual revenue, and 4% in 2019.
At Technicon, product development occurs on many levels. Not only do we invest in enhancements for our plant operations and equipment, we have also established a three-room acoustics lab that consists of a Hemi-Anechoic Room, Reverberation Room, and Sound Transmission Receiving Room. With these cutting-edge facilities at our disposal, we are capable of creating customized solutions for our customers through the testing and development of new products and materials.
Our Investment to the Customer
Technicon Acoustics is dedicated to providing our customers with the most advanced thermal and acoustic products on the market. We make it a point to reinvest in the latest manufacturing technology so we can produce the highest quality products and materials in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
To ensure high production at the lowest cost, we have allocated $250,000 annually specifically for new equipment and facility improvements. We recently expanded our facility by 50,000 square feet to better serve our clients and meet growing demand.
Technicon is particularly proud of our newly developed double-belt lamination process. Double-belt lamination greatly enhances our thermal lamination capability by allowing operators to independently heat areas on both the top and the bottom of materials. With this capability, we can achieve multi-layer lamination on materials in one pass, significantly increasing our productivity. This technology also allows us to laminate new material types, thereby expanding our product line and allowing us to cater to more customer needs.
Superior Acoustic and Thermal Solutions From Technicon Acoustics
Technicon Acoustics is committed to improving our future through product development and solid investment. Our focus on the future helps us remain one of the preeminent providers of acoustic and thermal solutions in the industry. For more information on our cutting edge acoustic and thermal technology, contact us today or request a quote.