FLAMESHIELD ™ is the first of Technicon’s proprietary high-performance facings.
Based on the non-woven technology developed for TECH SHIELD ™ product line, FLAMESHIELD ™ can withstand continuous temperatures above 400 ° F without burning or sustaining a flame when exposed to fire. FLAMESHIELD ™ also protects foams and fibers along with different absorbers in the case of a fire for up to 8 minutes. Due to its microporous structure, it also allows high frequency and low frequency to be effectively absorbed.
FLAMESHIELD ™ withstands high-temp applications of 400 ° F and will resist an open flame for more than 8 minutes. FLAMESHIELD ™ is a microporous, non-woven fabric that increases airflow resistance to aid in low-frequency without affecting high frequency.
- Fire resistant facing for acoustic insulation
- Combine with MLV barrier for fire-resistant sound/welding curtains
- Fire resistant layer for seating and flooring
- Fire resistant veil for bedding
- High Chemical Resistance
- Resists open flame for more than 8 minutes at only .020 inches thick.
- Microporous for increased airflow resistance
- Provides high-frequency absorption
- Operates at high temperature at 400 ° F
Product: PF-060-40-FS-33 Product Description: Nominal 1inch thick polyester fiber flame shield facing and pressure sensitive adhesive on the backside. Click here to learn more
Product: AF-021-40-FS-00 Product Description: 1-inch thick polyether foam with flame shield facing. Click here to learn more
Product: VB-300-00-FS-FS Product Description: 1 lb/ft ² PVC barrier with FLAMESHIELD ™ resistant scrim on both sides. Click here to learn more
Frequently Asked Questions
1.) What is FlameSheild ™
- FlameShield ™ is a proprietary high-performance facing based on non-woven technology developed for Tech Shield ™ product line.
2.) What is the continuous temperature Flame Shield ™ can withstand?
- FlameShield ™ can withstand continuous temperatures above 400 °F without burning or sustaining a flame when exposed to fire.
3.) What does FlameShield ™ do?
- FlameShield protects foams and fibers with different absorbers in the case of a fire up to 8 minutes. Due to its microporous structure, it also allows high frequency and low frequency to effectively absorbed.